Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas, Christmas, STRESS is here....

And another Christmas comes and I haven't done any of the things I would like to do to prepare. My house isn't very decorated, my gifts aren't original or even thoughtful at this point. If you asked for socks, that's what you're getting. Exciting when you just get what you ask for and no surprises. Sadly, I haven't the time to worry about it except while I type this blog. My intent is once I'm done, the guilt is out there and released from my thoughts and conscience.

We all need more "stuff" like we need a hole in the head anyway. I can't keep the crap I own now free from dust, what do I need more stuff for?? My kids certainly don't need anything. Yes, I am one of those mean Mommies who actually tell people not to buy my kids anything. They have toys. If they don't play with them, then "poof!" the Goodwill Fairy appears and bags it all up and takes it off to the Goodwill store. So why buy them more things that I will most likely be dropping off at the second hand store by February? Do me a favor, buy them something and give it to Santa's anonymous or some such organization. And then tell them you did that. They won't miss the toy they never had and someone else would benefit from the kindness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home