Friday, April 20, 2007

Alberta Advantage?!?!?!?! PAH!

Well, I've had about enough of this boom crap. Don't know about anyone else around here but I am truly tired of the crowds everywhere I try to go. The drives that used to be reasonably relaxed and unhurried have become a rush in great groups of cars to get anywhere. Every time I go to purchase something I am stuck in a long line up to pay, every time I want to eat somewhere I give up and leave due to the ridiculous wait times and line ups. I HATE IT. This used to be a nice place to live. The weather sucks often, yes, but at least if you had to go anywhere and do anything you could do it without much trouble. Now you go to buy something, there's nothing left on the shelves. There's no staff to help you find anything and any staff you can find are so indifferent to being at work that they truly don't care about helping you and really have no intention even if you stop them. Incompetence reins supreme in this town these days. Stores have to put up with unqualified, uninterested, unintelligent staff just because they can't get anyone else to take their job. I'm sick to death of this whole boom. I keep telling my husband we need to run away. And we might yet. Houses that were $400 000 two years ago are now $900 000!!! Unless we run away somewhere beyond the reach of this God forsaken boom, we couldn't even afford a pot to piss in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home